Let's face it life throws up challenges and sometimes downright chaos and disruption. I think this is where true peace lies, in the midst of a storm. Are you in control of your mind and emotions, your actions and energy? Remember the age old axiom that every effect has a cause and every cause has an effect. Looking at the current events on the world stage we can see this in full effect as each new actions leads to another until we have full blown chaos. Is this energy of war so very different than our own mini disagreements and grievances? We are so predisposed to right and wrong, black and white that we will cause disruption in our own relationships to gain some sense of victory and righteousness. Who wins? No one, and who said winning was the way to go anyway? If we start to think of ourselves as one organism, of which we are part, not separate, like a drop in the ocean then our thinking will be on a global scale as oppose to me, mine, I and so on.
When we shift our ways of thinking like this we will create peace and peace I am told by my friends in Spirit is so much more than non violence. It is joyful cooperation and co creation, it is harmony and support it is learning about each other and our unique points of view and creating new ways to improve the world for everyone. All these ideas of religion, politics, ethnicity, culture, nationality are not here to divide us we could actually use them to create a beautiful existence for all if we worked together. But first the work must begin in each and every one of us. Here are some of my personal tips for inner peace.
1. Allow others to have their opinions, seek to understand and not change another.
2. Know that everyone is filtering internal and external information through the filter of their own mind, which has its own unique frame work. You do not know what someone else's frame work is. Ultimately you may not understand something, do not judge, accept that you don't understand and move on.
3. Train your mind and seek control of this aspect of yourself. This you will do through meditation. Please visit my free tips page and sign up for my newsletter to receive some free meditation downloads.
4. Go for a walk, outside in nature all is in perfect harmony. This is good for the soul.
5. Don't hold onto grievances, guilt, shame or anger. It doesn't serve anyone or anything, it creates suffering and is unnecessary. If it comes up, acknowledge it, seek to understand your own self through the eyes of compassion and generosity, understand that you are learning and then move on.
6. Don't take it all so seriously because it’s not! Next week will be something else, practice being in each moment and suck the juice out of it so that you may learn something about yourself and the nature of life.
7. Each morning before your feet hit the floor, be grateful, thankful for this new day and set your intention for the day.
8. Be kind and loving and don't worry if others are not, remember cause and effect. What you put out comes back.
Finally here is a prayer called The Great Invocation from one of my favorite Author’s and fellow Initiate, Alice Bailey. Please feel free to use this prayer daily and share with others.
The Great Invocation
From the point of Light within the Mind of God
Let light stream forth into the minds of men.
Let Light descend on Earth.
From the point of Love within the Heart of God
Let love stream forth into the hearts of men.
May Christ return to Earth.
From the centre where the Will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men -
The purpose which the Masters know and serve.
From the centre which we call the race of men
Let the Plan of Love and Light work out
And may it seal the door where evil dwells.
Let Light and Love and Power
restore the Plan on Earth.